Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 13:19:28 -0700

>I was browing eBay and found this:
>http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=413029186
>
>It's a Chinese version of a Zeta Gundam Side story manga. Normally I
>wouldn't care, but the description:
>This is an original story by Kondo, with a prologue set in the final battle
>at Abawaoku space fortress by the end of the One Year War. As Char makes his
>getaway after taking care of some family business, he came across the upper
>torso of the Gundam discarded by Amuro and promptly ordered his subordinates
>to retrieve it. This sets the stage for the events to come. The characters
>featured in this manga include Char/Quattro, Amuro, and Camille

Thanks for the plug. :)

>... intrigued me =) What's the storyline here? What purpose does Char have
>for a Gundam torso? What in gods name is that ugly MS on the cover? =)

<Big Time Spoilers>

These have all been posted recently. The "ugly MS" on the cover is the
Z-Gustav designed by the worshipped Kondo. It was created using the data
obtained from the upper torso of the RX-78-2 Char salvaged from Abawaoku.
Obviously, Char salvaged it to get the technological edge he'd eventually
need. In a conversation with Amuro, he mentioned that Zeon was trying to
bring the torso back to the Granada base and analyze its combat data, but
after the peace treaty, the data has disappeared and is now rumored to be
in the AEUG's possession.

In the manga, Char was working for the Titans, hunting down Zeon and AEUG
soldiers because they were holding Sayla hostage. It should be noted that
Kondo is apparently working in a parallel universe instead of trying to fit
his side story into the TV series of Zeta.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0