KurenaiJiku (kurenaijiku@tech-base.com)
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 16:40:44 -0700

Actually the Anime isn't one episode out of the original manga. It's just
like X and Escaflowne, the most important parts squished into one. In fact
the "final battle" in GITS isn't even the "final battle" in the manga.
Kusanagi doesn't even get damaged that much; she only loses one arm, and
it's not from trying to pull open the hatch on the spider tank. She loses
from stuff falling on her.

was a special limited edition collector's box which was being debated of
how many the manufacturers should make. It included a (perhaps) statue of
the Fuchikoma (which I heard was cancelled), a complete set of GITS 2
manga, and several other goodies as well.

With all the talk running around about whether Shirow is going to continue
to draw manga, go back to his bio engineering career, or even go teach art
school is pretty much still in the air. I'm thoroughly confused, but I do
hope the GITS 2 manga will spawn another movie. Perhaps a movie more based
on the manga style?

>In a message dated 8/20/00 2:33:19 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>jercar@aristotle.net writes:
>
>> Can some knowledgeable person tell me if there is a sequel to Ghost in the
>> Shell? I just watched the movie, and they leave it wide open for one
>(kinda
>> like The Matrix).
>The anime is only one episode out of the original manga... the story gets
>explored much further in Masamune Shirow's manga... however, there is a
GITS