ROBOTICK (jercar@aristotle.net)
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 16:28:50 -0500

Can some knowledgeable person tell me if there is a sequel to Ghost in the
Shell? I just watched the movie, and they leave it wide open for one (kinda
like The Matrix).
----- Original Message -----
From: "KurenaiJiku" <kurenaijiku@tech-base.com>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 20, 2000 1:10 AM
Subject: RE: [gundam] (OT) Vision of Escaflowne Premier on Fox

I happen to like dark and morbid Anime. In fact, there's a lot of people
who like Anime such as this. I think it's grown to be a style of motion
picture Anime rather than a bad thing. They wouldn't have done it this way
if there wasn't a reason to. And besides, having known that I'm sure the
creators from the TV series helped direct the movie, don't you think
there's a reason why the movie is like that? You saying it's "boring"
means that you're probably missing something or it's simply not your taste.
 I don't think you have the right to give it a complete judgemental opinion
about it; slapping it in another's face, ie. mine. There are many other
films that use this sort of style; Patlabor 2, Ghost In the Shell,
etc...they're all darker. In fact, DRYL is even a much more darker Anime
compared to the TV series.

>Someone asked about the Escaflowne: A Girl In Gaea movie. Here's my
opinion:
>Don't wait up for it. It's a darker take on the TV series and not for the
>better. Compressing the basic plot of a TV show into a feature length
animated
>film was done with much greater success in Macross: Do You Remember Love?
In