Yves Sakai (yves@hawaii.edu)
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 14:20:51 -1000

On Sat, 19 Aug 2000, fsjmk wrote:
> The original Vision Of Escaflowne is one of the best anime series of the 90's.
> Much better and more heartfelt than, say, Gundam Wing. They took all the
> subtleness of Escaflowne and turned it into cheap, Saturday morning kids
> fodder.

Although I sensed a sort of... incongrousness to it, I never saw the
original, so I couldn't really say. I thought it was okay although there
really wasn't much to it thusfar.

> on the music is unforgiveable.

I guess you will not watch it anymore?

> Escaflowne has the greatest soundtrack in all
> of anime, bar none. But they chopped up the music and left it in bits and
> pieces, replacing much of it with crappy techno-action-wannabe music. Anyone
> else notice the end credits of Escaflowne on Fox? One of the credits reads
> "Additional music: Yoko Kanno". What the hell? Additional music? Her music is
> as important to Escaflowne as John Williams' is to Star Wars. Additional
> music?!? Die, Fox Kids, die!!!

Boy... such emotion. *shrug* I guess I may be a little flippant, but I am
just glad I get to see it on TV. Perhaps I will like it enough to want to
check out the original.