Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 01:34:43 -0700

In case no one's answered this yet...

>Plus, he dug out (from a big pile of stuff in the back) a Turn A Gundam
>model, but the box is kinda strange - it looks like it might be a cheap
>imitation knockoff - anybody seen this box/kit before:
>
>http://www.mrbill.net/~mrbill/gundam/turnagundam.jpg
>
>I ended up getting it, was only 9.95.

You got ripped! That looks like a counterfeit 1/144 Turn-A. The real
thing costs, IIRC, 500 yen, so in import stores it sells for $7.50 ~ $9.99.
Those Chinese bootlegs are horrible in quality, even if it's cheaper by a
few bucks you'll save a lot of time and frustration by buying the original
kit.

>I *almost* bought a 1/60 RG-78 "Mechanics Model",
>sits on a stand, you can take off panels to show the robotics underneath
>(this was (c) '83 on the box, and LOOKED to be that old..),

That one should be in 1/72 scale. Doesn't move or anything, but a good
display piece after you are done building it.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0