garrick lee (goner4sure@yahoo.com)
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 04:12:18 -0700 (PDT)

 But the worry I have is that the new
> audience brought in by
> >Gundam Wing isn't going to like the original
> series. Not only because of
> >the old style of artwork, but also because the
> story is so much more mature,
> >and doesn't glorify war... Because that is what
> Wing does. It glorifies
> >war, even as it tries to make you think that it's
> anti-war...
> >How about some of the other old timers. What's
> your take on this?

err...not an old-timer (not in gundam, anyway), but i
respectfully refute that statement ("g wing is really
pro-war even if it makes you think it's anti-war"
whoever said that). it's as ridiculous as claiming
macross is pro-war (let's not get into that again).

> I think it's a sign of the times. I think what we
> have to concentrate on
> is just to show them all of it, and let them figure
> it out for themselves.
> As for gundam being Pro-War, I think not. It's not
> about pacifism, either.
> It's about doing what one can to protect the most
> important things in
> one's life. In this case...family, friends,
> ideals...

isn't one of gundam's themes to show how war is
horrible? i'm not sure if it qualifies gundam as
anti-war, but that sure as heck disqualifies gundam as
being pro-war.

-garr