Emery Calame (palaeomerus@excite.com)
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 02:25:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000 02:06:45 -0700, gundam@aeug.org wrote:

> >On Wed, 16 Aug 2000 03:50:57 -0500, gundam@aeug.org wrote:
> >

> >> yes but, unfortunatly, they were both assasinated.. by the ones who
> >> didn't want to let go of their big sticks -_-
> >>
> >> -Les
> >
> >I thought Ghandi starved himself to death? Hunger Strike wasn't it?
>
> No. Watch the Ghandi movie again, the scene is repeated in the beginning
> and the end of the film.
>
> Eddie

Okay. Assassinated by fanatical Hindu 20 days AFTER a long fast for "peace".
But let's not go using movies to teach real history okay? I'd rather be
refered to a link on Britannica or something.

If you went by the Amistad movie you'd be pretty uninformed about the events
portrayed therein.

Emery
palaeomerus@excite.com