Wed, 16 Aug 2000 18:25:34 +1000

At 07:49 PM 8/15/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Richie Ramos wrote:
>>

>> LIke Marx, who believed in the ability of man to reach a certain
>> perfection, a lot of pacifists are blinded by the idea that we can achieve
>> that, or that people in power can achieve that. it's not possible, because
>> we have to be able to protect ourselves...no matter what...from outsiders
>> who are hostile. That is why I thnk Gundam UC is so good...because it
>> shows that point, and how abused that point can be.
>>
>> As for AC...well, let's just say that I don't give a whit about Relena's
>> total pacifism. if she had the guts to order the gwing boys to make sure
>> that a viable peace -- or stalemate! -- was achievable, then things would
>> have been much better...no series though, LOL!
>>
>as long as there is one.. just ONE beligerent person in the world with a
>big stick.. somebody with an even bigger stick and the will to use it
>when nessicariy is gonna be needed to keep him in line.. that's just the
>way it is
>
>-Les

And this is EXACTLY what the Preventers are (well, what they are designed
to be, anyway).

As for Relena, a recent issue of Protoculture Addicts stated she was
representative of people like Mahatma Ghandi and Martin Luther King...
whose methods were quite effective.
Andrew Dynon

"Now, we can do this the hard way, or... well, actually, there's just the
hard way."
- Buffy, _Welcome to the Hellmouth_

Doyle: I'm an agent for The Powers That Be.
Angel: The powers that be what?
- Angel, "City Of..."