Joaquin Torres (lordvader@cfl.rr.com)
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 22:03:25 -0400

Oops. Let me clarify. I should have added that maybe the black color aids in
radar absorption or the additive or substance that makes the paint radar
absorbant is black. I really don't think the black color is for visual
camoflage...I think it's a property of the radar absorbant paint.

The paint scheme on teh 2/3 prototype wasn't terribly important. What was
actually being tested with that aircraft was the radar reflective properties of
the faceted surfaces. Then, the paint scheme was probably geared more towards
hiding the craft visually during test flights.

Joaquin Torres