Leslie_R (trojan@atoka.net)
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 19:53:26 -0500

Mark Simmons wrote:

> Josh CTC writes,
>
> > Well, of course, if it had to make sense, the colours for space based
> > Gundams would be black, the colours for ground based would be green
> > camouflage and etc. But then who'd want to watch a bunch of black things
> > flying at each other on a black background?
>
> Hm... actually, black is the ideal color for heat radiation. An all-black
> mobile suit might be harder to see, but it would show up wonderfully on
> infra-red sensors. :-)
>
> -- Mark

i saw on a documentery on 'stealth' aircraft that the original F-117
color scheme was a sort of pastel grey shade.. to make it harder to see
at night under any ambient light conditions.. but the Air Force nixed
that and had it painted a more intimidating (re: manly) dark dark black
which can only be visually difficult to detect on a moonless night

-Les

--
                                  -Balki Bartokamouse