Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 13:11:14 -0700

> I was wondering if anyone has built any of the following kits... I'm
>about to start one of them and want some opinions. I've got a 1/1200
>"White Base" - I've never built any of the spacecraft from gundam, anyone
>seen or built this kit?

This is the better White Base kit - Bandai made 2 plastic injection kits of
it, the other one is a tiny 1/2400 one which lacks the features your kit has:

- Removable hangar doors where you can store little (I don't think they
  were true to scale at 1/1200) Gundam, GunCannon, and GunTank (included)

- Opening central hangar door where you can store the GunPelley, whose wings
  must fold up for storage (included)

>Also, I have a HG rx-78 gundam by Kunio Ohgawara and a Neo Gundam RX-99
>from Siluette formula 91. Any opinions? steve

Personally I think the HG RX-78 was a very lame kit - its only redeeming
value was the System Injection design, which allows you to put it together
without painting. I think they tried a primitive version of the V-frame on
this kit and it did not work out very well. The joints also tend to wear
out/become loose compared to more modern kits. If you don't mind painting
and lack of polycaps, get the FG kit, which has better proportions and
detailing.

With the SF91 line, you may need to reinforce the right hand as some of them
have trouble holding up their guns.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0