Tue, 15 Aug 2000 20:08:51 +0800

gundam@aeug.org wrote:

>here's my two cents on the topic, not really worst, just
>odd....
>
>The RX-78 with all the trimmings (I think that's what they
>called the perfect gundam). Freakin wierd MS man. The way
>they colored it looks like it has this big huge neon sign
>pointing right at saying that "there's a gundam over here"
>that totally ruins the whole idea of using minovsky to
>cloak.

LOL...IIRC wasn't that color was the "presentation colors" which was eventually kept?

>the Virsago is actually a cool looking mech, if it only
>didn't have this stomach cannon....
>
>the tentacled mech Koroso was using, tacky.
>
>the color scheme for Hajime Katoki's DeathScythe....
>WHITE!?

LOL...the DH Custom had a better color scheme

>the wing zero kinda looks fat.

hmmm...I'd call it muscular, but not as much as the EX-S ^_^

>the altron's pretty cool, but what is wrong with that
>tail?!
>
>the G-3 looks like it was painted with primer (I did this
>to my 144 RX-78 and it does look like the G-3).

the G-3 had an unfinished painting process, hence the primer? that's a good one!
personally, I haven't used primer for any of my kits, and maybe that explains why the paint on my 1/144 Hygog was flaking off...

>Full armor Hyaku shiki, very tacky. and its gold!

imagine if that was made of the gold Char had and mixed with whatever Anaheim used (was it Gundanium alloy)? LOL!

>the MS of series aces really do stand out, don't they, with
>all the bright flashy colors that ruin any chance of
>stealthy actions... and yet they do, and they get away with
>it. Isn't it a total embarrasemnt to have this huge bright
>shiny mech sneak up behind you?

the color scheme a certain pilot uses for his unit (MS/Valkyrie/whatever) is significant in the sense that it also serves as a psychological weapon, wherein they use it for enemy units to recognize that this certain pilot is here and if he/she is an ace pilot, then they'd better beware. it sure is embarassing to have a shiny gold-colored unit sneak up on you, although if that's freaking fast then you'd better have one helluva skill to fend it off and survive alive, or somewhere near alive.