Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 18:53:59 +0800

At 05:58 PM 8/14/00 -0400, you wrote:
>I agree with you partially there. There's a lot of death of semi-major
>characters in Gundam, but the only major ones that die in Wing are the
>characters we've pretty much been shown to hate(Dermail, Tuberov) and
>Trieze. In the original Gundam,0080, and what I've seen of Zeta, it's shown
>that the wars have a very real-and rather nasty-effect on civilians, not
>only the soldiers. I think that actually the original Gundam might upset
>some kids, I've actually heard of kids getting upset by the death of Trieze.
>Sure,major characters in Sailor Moon and Dragonball Z die, but the thing is,
>with a few exceptions, they all come back to life through some magic or
>something to that fashion. In Gundam, they're dead and pretty much stay
>dead.

Well, it's something people will have to get used to. it's no longer
realistic -- even for kids -- to have perpetually static characters. That
sort of thing leads exactly to the dumbing down of kids as some people have
protested. I guess that's why Bambi was so powerful...

flashlight.

www.localvibe.com

url: www.localvibe.com
ofc: (632) 4167486