Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 18:52:00 +0800

>"I would like a character sort of like the DeahScythe Hell... and I wanna be
>a pilot JUST like Duo.. Duo rocks.. he is witty, quick, and doesnt heasitate
>to kill."
>Needless to say, this character application was turned down with a polite
>referral to the Gundam Project. But the problem is that this application is
>symptomatic of the situation. I'm glad that Gundam is reaching a broader
>audience. But the worry I have is that the new audience brought in by
>Gundam Wing isn't going to like the original series. Not only because of
>the old style of artwork, but also because the story is so much more mature,
>and doesn't glorify war... Because that is what Wing does. It glorifies
>war, even as it tries to make you think that it's anti-war...
>How about some of the other old timers. What's your take on this?

I think it's a sign of the times. I think what we have to concentrate on
is just to show them all of it, and let them figure it out for themselves.
As for gundam being Pro-War, I think not. It's not about pacifism, either.
 It's about doing what one can to protect the most important things in
one's life. In this case...family, friends, ideals...

flashlight.

www.localvibe.com

url: www.localvibe.com
ofc: (632) 4167486