-V- (vsze@wwdg.com)
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 00:10:15 -0700

Just to make things more confusing :)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dafydd Neal Dyar" <dafydd@dyarstraights.com>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2000 9:47 PM
Subject: [gundam] ZZ Gundam Illustrator Identified (?)

> The question came up a few days ago as to the identity of the artist who
did the
> ZZ Gundam illustration for the cover of the Gundam ZZ Special CD:
>
> http://www.animenation.com/products/KICA-2045~6_l.jpg
>
> Conjecture was that it might be Hajime Katoki, on account of the huge
forehead
> sensor, which is part of his style. I hazarded a guess that it might be
Makoto
> Kobayashi, based on a similar exaggeration.
>
> It happens that I have this CD, but it also happens that the front cover
art
> isn't credited. I also have the Z Gundam Special CD, however, whose cover
> illustration looks like this:
>
> http://www.animenation.com/products/KICA-1178~9_l.jpg
>
> This, too, is uncredited, but the background is the same and the
mechanical
> style similar. The character style is more to the point.

Hrmm the front is Haruhiko Mikimoto, but the backcover (the one with the
gun), should be Hiroyuki Kitazume.

Compare this:

> http://www.animenation.com/products/KICA-2041_l.jpg

This one's Haruhiko Mikimoto.

> And this:
>
> http://www.animenation.com/products/KICA-2042_l.jpg

These 2 were by Masahisa Suzuki.

These are in the illustration world books.
However, I haven't seen the ZZ one except for on the CD. But when I first
saw it, I thought it could have even been Masami Oobari.

> I believe that the Z Gundam Special and Gundam ZZ Special covers are both
the
> work of Haruhiko Mikimoto.
>
> -Z-

-V-