Chris Maier (oom9@crosswinds.net)
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 18:39:32 -0400

Well, there's some stuff released by Kawamori as well as the Macross
Flashback 2012 OAV(Sort of a music video)which confirms that Hikaru and Misa
get together. They also have a kid. Then they take Minmei along with them on
the Megaroad-01(Maybe just in case they need to do the 'culture shock' thing
again)in 2012. Then in 2016, all contact is lost between UN Spacy and the
Megaroad-01.
 The reason they dissieapeared was in part because of the illness of the
voice actor for Hikaru, who had HIV I believe. Kawamori needed a sort of
cover story I suppose about why he couldn't use Hikaru and Co. for Macross
7. Anyway He was able to play "Bobby"-a small bit part-in Macross 7. In all
irony, Bobby was set to play Hikaru in the Macross 7 U.N spacy video(With
Mylene as Minmei). Anyway, the voice actor for Hikaru died in 1996, I think.
 Anyway, it's interesting to note that Hikaru and Misa's American
counterparts, Rick and Lisa, got married in "Robotech:The Sentinels" a
completely American-made story which has no relation to Macross's storyline.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gundam@1u.aeug.org [mailto:owner-gundam@1u.aeug.org]On
Behalf Of Edward Ju
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2000 6:10 PM
To: gundam@aeug.org
Subject: RE: [gundam] (OT) Funny Moments in Anime

>Um, who are you talking about? Hikaru? I'm seem to recall that in the end,
>he ends up marrying Misa, and they both invite Minmei to go with them on
the
>Megaroad-01, which she agrees to.
>
>Roland

Hmm, either that episode is missing on the DVD, or this was from the Macross
movie or Robotech? I vaguely recall this ending too, which was why I was so
surprised when I saw that the TV series ended with Minmei leaving Hikaru and
the relationship between Misa and Hikaru remained unresolved.

Eddie

rt=3
&since=-1&page=1&rows=0
Please note the URL exceeds 80 characters and ends with "rows=0" not
"sort=3"