Roland Thigpen (jenius@unspacy.org)
14 Aug 2000 22:35:39 -0000

On Mon, 14 Aug 2000 22:31:22 GMT Chris Beilby <cbeilby@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> >Um, who are you talking about? Hikaru? I'm seem to recall that in the
>>end,
>> >he ends up marrying Misa, and they both invite Minmei to go with them on
>>the
>> >Megaroad-01, which she agrees to.
>> >
>> >Roland
>>
>>Hmm, either that episode is missing on the DVD, or this was from the
>>Macross
>>movie or Robotech? I vaguely recall this ending too, which was why I was
>>so
>>surprised when I saw that the TV series ended with Minmei leaving Hikaru
>>and
>>the relationship between Misa and Hikaru remained unresolved.
>>

>This was, I believe, in Flashback 2012...

Correct. The footage from Minmei's final concert can also be found during the end credits of the LD version of Macross: Do You Remember Love?, but I don't think it includes the actual footage of Hikaru handing Minmei the ticket and Misa hugging her after she accepts. But the official timelines have Hikaru and Misa marrying shortly before the Megaroad-01's departure and then having a daughter, Miku, some time in 2013.

Roland