Chris Beilby (cbeilby@hotmail.com)
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 21:48:38 GMT

Indeed. I saw the same thing on Gundam MUSH before we posted numerous
notices that we were NOT gundam Wing... An example of the 'shining' level
of Character applications these youngsters do is as follows...

"I would like a character sort of like the DeahScythe Hell... and I wanna be
a pilot JUST like Duo.. Duo rocks.. he is witty, quick, and doesnt heasitate
to kill."

Needless to say, this character application was turned down with a polite
referral to the Gundam Project. But the problem is that this application is
symptomatic of the situation. I'm glad that Gundam is reaching a broader
audience. But the worry I have is that the new audience brought in by
Gundam Wing isn't going to like the original series. Not only because of
the old style of artwork, but also because the story is so much more mature,
and doesn't glorify war... Because that is what Wing does. It glorifies
war, even as it tries to make you think that it's anti-war...

How about some of the other old timers. What's your take on this?