Paul Fields (johnny_raiden@hotmail.com)
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 14:35:42 -0400

> Errg, this is going to be hard to write so I don't offend anyone.

I think you did great, I wasn't offended... hehehehe...

> Now, contrast that to today, where the Cartoon Network's airing of Gundam
> Wing has brought in a whole new generation of fans, unlike any that have
> existed before.

Well actually there was a generation of Gundam fans that began
in '88, '89, and '90 these fans were roped in by something called
0083, this cheesy Top Gun clone series, with "flashy" animation,
and was the neatest thing to come down the pike like Akira, and
before Ninja Scroll, or Ghost in the Shell... I hate to admit it now,
but that's what hooked me, was 0083.

> Personally, I'm not sure whether its a blessing or a
> curse. Wing is obviously the flashiest of series,

Curse... Endless Waltz is THE flashiest of the series, and I still
sit and watch my VCD of it, chanting I HATE GUNDAM WING
and can't turn my eyes away from waltz... They should save the
time and effort put into Waltz, and do Blue Destiny, or 08th MS
team, or something like that, but no, a few episodes tacked onto
a popcorn-Gundam series... Oh well... 0083 got me hooked, so
who am I to judge...

Paul