Danny Kim (danny@lookfx.com)
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 11:35:08 -0700

Thomas Yung wrote:

> Well, after 8 hours into the kit. I only finished the legs, waist, upper
> body, backpack and head. And I'm somewhat impressed.
>
> 1. The plastic for the outer shell seems to be a bit flimsy/cheap when
> compared to other
> MG's, maybe because of the size and the way they flare out. For
> something of this size
> and price, you would figure that the lit would be sturdy, it's not -
> referring to the shell.
> 2. Pay special attention to the Beam Tomahawk, it extends.
> 3. The plastic molds for the head assembly are of cheaper plastic.
> 4. I don't care for the vinyls that're included - for the Beam Sabers and
> Tomahawk.
> 5. The fuel cylinders?, aren't secure enough and should be a tad bit longer.
>
> P.S.
> Danny wrote:
>
> Wow! It kicks ass!
> I usually build my kit on the weekend. But, with this on, I couldn't wait.
> So, I
> decided to build it last night.
> It looks assume! Size is Impressive and every joints are strong. This is
> true
> Mater Grade. Feel sorry for my MG Dom, it's not my favorite anymore.
> Sazabi's
> taking over it's place on my task.
> More amazing thing was I only spent 2-3 hours on it. May be because I didn't
> do
> any coloring. But, this is the easiest and fastest kit I've ever built. I
> mean
> easiest MG I ever built. It had very few parts. MG RX-78 must have more
> parts
> then this thing. So, don't let the box intimidate you.
> Colors works great, too. I think I'm gonna do some panel lining and dirty it
> up
> a little. Well, may be some flat top coat on it. ( It's too shiny ) But,
> that's
> about it.
> I thought price was little high. But, it's well worth it. Highly
> recommended.
>
> Danny
>
> Not to be rude or anything, but are you sure you wasn't working on the 1/144
> scale kit instead?

Well, I'm pretty sure it was MG kit. Unless 1/144 Sazabi came in PG size box. It
did feel like building 1/144 in some areas though since it was so simple.
I think you were way too careful about building this kit. All the pieces were
big and constructions were simple. Specially, it's leg and arm. Leg had about 10
pieces and arm had less then that.
It might had more trees then other MG. But, it was because of it's size, not
because of it had more parts.
But, I understand it could take up to 8 hours if you were sanding and filling up
gaps with putty. May be painting it same time
All the joints worked very nicely on mine. Only disappointing area were the
Funnel.
Anyway, everyone could have different opinions.

Danny