Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 02:12:56 -0700

>After a little bit of searching, I found where I read it....it's an article
>from Animerica on Anime Loser heroes(Vol 7, No#2. Interestingly, no author
>is credited, but due to the fact that a good 1/4th of a page is devoted to
>Gundam's heroes, I'm quessing it might be Mark. Anyway, here's the exact
>passage "Girl-shy Kou Uraki is a trivia-memorizing mobile suit enthusiast(in
>a way, Kou could be seen as a stand in for Model-kit Crazy fans of the
>series)" ... It also goes on how Amuro, Camille, and Judo could also be
>considered nerds.

You know, I think all this Kou-bashing is pretty uncool. Beating a dead
horse to the ground is only fun for so long. I mean, if you want to whine
about how pussywhipped and sucky an anime hero is, look no further than
Macross. Here's a guy who's even more indecisive when it comes to women,
and look what happened to him in the end - both women left him. At least
Kou managed to keep Nina in the end.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0