EmpressSmokey@aol.com
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 20:49:32 EDT

In a message dated 8/13/00 7:43:50 PM Central Daylight Time,
keiichido@hotmail.com writes:

<< Haven't bothered with French for a while, even on family occasions, but
 let's see:

> > "On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essential est invisible pour les
> yeux."

 You had it almost right. "One can't see well with the heart. (Coeur is
 heart.) The essential isn't visible to the eyes." I'm not sure what that
 means, but that's what it translates to. =) (The first part makes sense,
 mind.)

I went to translations.com and this is what I came up with.

One sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible for eyes