Chris Maier (oom9@crosswinds.net)
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 10:56:00 -0400

It's kind of funny....I think part of the reason that a lot of people
dislike The Phantom Menace is because that it involved a lot of politics if
you looked into it, unlike the other three films(Although SW:ANH had some
politics). There wasn't too many politics in 0083 though; Cima was kind of
hard to figure out, I didn't figure out that her relation with Anaheim was
actually part of Delaz's plan until I saw him smiling when the lasers hit
the colony. As for her Federation ties-now that wasn't Delaz's plan at
all....

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gundam@1u.aeug.org [mailto:owner-gundam@1u.aeug.org]On
Behalf Of Charlie Hetherington
Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2000 10:44 AM
To: gundam@aeug.org
Subject: Re: [gundam] Turn A stats (was: Turn A a failure?)

>Anyway, I personally think that gundam
>has too much politics/tactics and not enough action. A 8 or 9 years old
>kid
>is not going to figure out what is going on (especially the Cima fleet, it
>was
>a nightmare for me to explain...). This will restrict gundam to certain
>groups of people, it is not made to target a wide audience. Although it is
>long lasting cartoon (for now) but it will never capture more than a few %
>of
>the world's population.

Perhaps it is better that way. If you try to get a wide audience you would
lose what makes gundam great, a healthy mix of politics, tactics, and action
(there is always at least one mecha battle during an episode). But I
understand what you are getting at. O_O cartoon...really, gundam is an
anime. ^_^

-No Pants