Sat, 12 Aug 2000 22:17:54 -0700

MCCOLGDEB@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/12/00 10:38:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> josephriggs@earthlink.net writes:
>
> > but the fact that the
> > next planned Gundam series is entitled "Turn X" seems an interesting
> pointer,
> >
> > IMHO.
> When was this announced?

Hmm... Maybe my source is bad. I had figured something like this (which I
spotted a few months ago) would be common knowledge. However, since no one
seems to have a clue what I was talking about, maybe my source was bad? In
any case, I'll explain where I got the information from.

This information comes from Protoculture Addicts #59, the February/March
2000 issue (its the issue with Heero and his Gundam Wing on the cover, and
has synopsis of Wing, EW, and 08th MS), and is found in a little filler
paragraph about 3/4 of the way down on the left hand column of page 5. It
reads as follows:

"Turn X Gundam will be the title of the next Gundam TV series that will
soon replace Turn A Gundam, which ended in early 2000. Syd Mead will again
be in charge of the mechanical designs. (Sources: Newtype, Animeland #57)"

That is the extent of my knowledge. My familiarity with Turn A is pretty
limited (I know the title mecha has that goofy looking "mustache" thing,
and some old familiar MS make appearances, but that's about it), so I have
no clue how this might relate to Turn A, or if it even does.

junior