Leslie_R (trojan@atoka.net)
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 12:59:46 -0500

Freedom045@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated Thu, 10 Aug 2000 9:25:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Leslie_R <trojan@atoka.net> writes:
>
> << of course another of the things that makes 0083 unique is that it shows that the "good guys" don't always win, or make it a pyrric victory at best.. but since Kou didn't save the day i gues that's why many Gundam fans hate him and love seeing him get dumped on.. he's only human.. too human perhaps.. how many out there think thye could have handled that situatoin any better than he did?
>
> -Les>>
>
> I could have handled it better, by not being such a wuss.

alright, here's a brand-new state of the art fighter, nevermind that
we've only given you the basics of pilot taining so far.. oh and what's
that? the enemy's leading ace is out there and he wants to kill You?
well, have fun :)

 A cooler,
it's all about the cool ones getting all the glory isn't it?

more competent pilot would have been able to handle the situation better
than Kou.

granted, but considering Kou's lack of expireince he's lucky to have
survived

> The fact that Operation Stardust succeeded is irrelevant to the character of Kou Uraki. We didn't need him to save the day, we just needed to have him act like a MAN.

a big, sweaty, hairy-chested MAN! *OO-Rah* Get me a Beer Woman!

> Gato was a legend even before his death.
> Kou is now living in disgrace, a forgotten footnote in the world of the Universal Century.

of course Gato was probalby never asked to chase-down the Federation's
leading Ace pilots when he went on his first real mission

> Oh, I find the fact that some people consider Kou to be the equal of Gato to be very funny indeed.
>
> Tom

all other things being equal the probably were (remember Nina's
evaluation of the test-data the fist time Kou took the Gundam out?) but
things weren't equal were they? Kou had the deck stacked against him
from day one and things didn't get any better after that so he really
dosn't need to be cumped-on any more for things that were out of his
control alright?

-Les
who is just having one too many High School flash-backs reading this

--
                                  -Balki Bartokamouse