Roland Thigpen (jenius@unspacy.org)
11 Aug 2000 03:38:46 -0000

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 23:20:59 -0400 Chris Maier <oom9@crosswinds.net> wrote:
>I'm suprised nobody's mentioned Tenchi Muyo yet. Some pretty good laughs in
>that one, particually the first OAV episode, where Ryoko is chasing Tenchi
>around his high school(Tenchi's facial expressions are pretty priceless!)
>Episode 4 and 7 are pretty funny episodes as well, particually in 7 when the
>girls try to 'learn' to get Tenchi from Shoujo manga....

Well, yeah, there are alot of jokes in Tenchi, but I was trying to steer more towards funny stuff in more serious anime.

>The Toothpick joke from Episode II of Evangelion....and "Dance like you Want
>To Win" is pretty funny too...especially during the fast part where they're
>training--Shinji stumbling on the dance pad and Asuka opening the door in
>Shinji's face.

Other funny scenes in Eva....Shinji's first meeting with Pen Pen; When he, Asuka and Misato go that hot spring and Shinji overhears Misato and Asuka talking on their side of the fence; Asuka's kiss with Shinji; when Asuka is complaining about the doors on the apartment having no locks, then Misato suddenly appears behind her; Asuka calling Shinji on his Eva's phone at the end of Dance Like You Want to Win; Asuka and Shinji telling Kensuke, Touji and Hikari that they were being forced to live together; Misato telling Kaji not to put weird things "in THERE"...probably a few others I can't think of right now.

Roland