Roland Thigpen (jenius@unspacy.org)
10 Aug 2000 12:09:51 -0000

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 00:10:59 -0700 (PDT) Emery Calame <palaeomerus@excite.com> wrote:

>On 9 Aug 2000 22:06:08 -0000, gundam@aeug.org wrote:
>

>(For those who remember the original Starblaze color compilations of
>Elfquest by Wendy Pini:The third book where Cutter and his elves get jumped
>on and slaughtered by trolls in the snow and they just end the volume and
>make you wait for the next one to be published was almost as bad as my wait
>for giant robo number three...and four...)

For Elfquest sad scenes, the five that come to mind, are as follows:

1) Clearbrook losing One Eye.

2)when Rayek steals the palace and takes it 10,000 years into the future, kidnapping Leetah, Skywise, Ember and Suntop, while Cutter is outside running towards it. His expression really brings out his grief, and then the scenes later when he gives in to this grief (REALLY made clear if you've read his later challenge with Rayek).

3) Zhantee's death

4) Ember and Tier's joining towards the end of the Hidden Years series after they fight about who is losing most by her commands, and then his choosing his powers over her and her tribe.

5) The whole of the Dreamtime, especially Cutter's dream, the final panel, and Wendy Pini's part of it.

Roland