Wed, 09 Aug 2000 20:53:12 -0700

Leslie_R wrote:

> Roland Thigpen wrote:

> > >me to.. a frind of mine had kinda spoiled it for me that something like
> > >that would happen.. but i was totaly unprepared for how.. anti-climatic
> > >it was
> > >
> > >-Les
> >
> > Frankly, I was expecting it. Don't know why....maybe seen that kind of thing in too many other animes?
> >
> > Roland
> >
> i know but i was told flat-out that it would in fact happen, and i was
> given the general tone of the series up til that point and the character
> in question for it to happen in a more spectacular and perhaps heroic
> fashion.. when it finally came and wnet though it wasn't even with a
> whimper.. and THAT's what left me sitting there stunned in silence..

I was in a similar situation. I actually saw episodes 4-6 before I saw 1-3, so I knew roughly what was
going to happen. That's not what stunned me. It was HOW it happened that caught me, and I suspect, most
other viewers, off guard (just as a note, I was skimming through one person's Nadesico site, and the author
mentioned that the first time they saw episode three, they decided they would never watch another episode
because it shook them up so badly. Obviously, they later changed their mind, but still...).

junior