Roland Thigpen (jenius@unspacy.org)
9 Aug 2000 22:06:08 -0000

Ooooohhhhhh, yeah. Gunbuster really got to me. I'll admit, I was crying at the end of that final episode of Gunbuster. The only other series that I've seen thus far in anime that got to me that way were Fushigi Yuugi and Video Girl Ai (both romances) and maybe My Youth in Arcadia and Galaxy Express 999. All of them had stuff that was virtually heart rending.

As for Gundam, I think the most emotional points in Gundam had to be the death of Lalah Sun in the original, the death of Four in Zeta (this one got me the most. I REALLY felt for Camille) and maybe Seabook's search for Cecily in F91. Chien's death was also kind of emotional. I haven't seen enough of the other series (read none of the other UC timeline except most of 08th MS Team ) to really say anything about them.

And in Macross DYRL?, the scene that most got to me was when Misa broke down in front of Hikaru at the dinner table in that destroyed city.

Roland