Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Tue, 08 Aug 2000 20:29:12 +0800

>oi, I think so too. But I guess there are as many
>people like us who rant about gundam as there are
>people who rant about sailormoon ...despite the
>difference in age gaps, many anime titles with
>humongous fan followings have become part of culture.
>Japan-only-wise, Tokimemo and several other dating
>sims have also become a major part of of the culture
>as they have lasted fro quite a good sum of time.
>Gundam is more spread out than pokemon. We can all
>rest peacefully.

One of the reasons, I think, why Gundam is so popular is that it has
certain universal themes that appeal to our sense of humanity, aesthetics,
whatever. It is not just a merchandising show...it also sells ideals in a
way, and that these are ideals which are noble and valid. I dunno, perhaps
it's just the romantic in me. But I will say this: Gundam must have some
sort of good thing going for it since it has lasted for 20 years...

flashlight.

url: www.localvibe.com
ofc: (632) 4167486
fax: (632) 4167479