Chris Maier (oom9@crosswinds.net)
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 13:10:37 -0400

Is it still popular enough to warrant a new series? BTW the popularity of
Star Wars in America has sunk big time....the merchandise is collecting
dust. There's still a lot of excitement about Episode II though.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gundam@1u.aeug.org [mailto:owner-gundam@1u.aeug.org]On
Behalf Of CookSuxXL@aol.com
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2000 12:56 PM
To: gundam@aeug.org
Subject: Re: [gundam] Gundam-the most popular anime?

In a message dated 8/7/2000 12:26:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
oom9@crosswinds.net writes:

> Is Gundam the most popular anime franchise in Japan? I've seen more
> merchandise for Gundam than any other series, ever, and the fact that
there
> are statues, theme park rides, and assorted other things seem to indicate
> that Gundam holds a high place in Japanese pop culture. Am I right?

Japan has grown up with Gundam. I mean, the show's practically gone for 20
years... everyone who's everyone knows about it. And yes, Gundam does hold
high place in Japanese pop culture. It's like the Star Wars here...

~Andy Lee
CookSuxXL
Webpage: http://cooksux.8k.com