CookSuxXL@aol.com
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 12:56:25 EDT

In a message dated 8/7/2000 12:26:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
oom9@crosswinds.net writes:

> Is Gundam the most popular anime franchise in Japan? I've seen more
> merchandise for Gundam than any other series, ever, and the fact that there
> are statues, theme park rides, and assorted other things seem to indicate
> that Gundam holds a high place in Japanese pop culture. Am I right?

Japan has grown up with Gundam. I mean, the show's practically gone for 20
years... everyone who's everyone knows about it. And yes, Gundam does hold a
high place in Japanese pop culture. It's like the Star Wars here...

~Andy Lee
CookSuxXL
Webpage: http://cooksux.8k.com