Josh CTC (dzorsch@hotmail.com)
Mon, 07 Aug 2000 16:55:25 GMT

>From: "Chris Maier" <oom9@crosswinds.net>
>To: <gundam@aeug.org>
>Subject: [gundam] Gundam-the most popular anime?
>Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 12:24:21 -0400
>
>Is Gundam the most popular anime franchise in Japan? I've seen more
>merchandise for Gundam than any other series, ever, and the fact that there
>are statues, theme park rides, and assorted other things seem to indicate
>that Gundam holds a high place in Japanese pop culture. Am I right?
>
>Chris
>

>-
I don't think I would be wrong in saying that Gundam to Japan is like Star
Wars to America. You've got the colossal franchise, everybody's heard of it,
there are millions of fans, and there are mailing list, in which people from
all over the world discuss it. Yeah, i'd say it holds a high place in
Japanese pop culture.