Sean O'Mara (weyland_yutani@mindspring.com)
Sun, 06 Aug 2000 15:09:38 -0800

Edward Ju wrote:

> >Nope, he's referring Virtual Game Station, another PSX emulator. And, since
> >noone responded to my e-mail (;_;) how hard would it be to play Giren's
> >Green if you cant read Japanese.
> >Tia
> >Tomoe
>
> Virtually impossible if you cannot read any Japanese, as the commands menu
> has no English at all. You'd just be pressing buttons to see what happens,
> and will not be able to make any informed decisions. James has wrote a
> very cool online help guide, check it out and see if it will help you.
>
> http://www.boren.org/james/gg/girenintro.html
>
> Eddie

I'd say virtually impossible is a bit of an exaggeration. Its difficult, yes, but
it just takes time to figure out what the menus do (trial and error) as well as
James' excellent guide page. You just have to be prepared to spend some time
working at it is all. But if you can speak a little (which I think you said you
could) you should be a little easier off since when people talk to you it has
actual voice tracks, so you'll at least get the jist of whats being said,
hopefully. Also try checking out the GML archive, as there was a lot of discussion
about Giren's Greed a few months back.

Sean

--
weyland_yutani@mindspring.com

"Do nothing which is of no use." -Miyamoto Musashi "There's no kanji for cheese!" -Y.Y.