Chris Beilby (cbeilby@hotmail.com)
Sat, 05 Aug 2000 02:32:21 GMT

>My problem has to do with painting a RX-79[G] Gundam Mass Production Ground
>Type model I have. This is the effect I would like to get
>(http://www.wbs.ne.jp/bt/models/english/dh.jpg), but I want to know how to
>do it just right. My painting experince is with miniatures (in which I used
>no airbrushing)and I am rather new to MS modeling, so I don't know what
>technique or paint combos to use. Any helpful hints and tips would be
>great.

Well, Charlie, first of all, you know that you'll need flat paints. Start
out putting on a base coat of your primary color for that particular
subassembly (This type of painting should be done with subassemblies.)
Following that, you'd want to weather the MS. Drybrush sliver paint along
edges to create the sense of wear to the paint job. Following that, use
your airbrush to lightly dust the ms with a coat of dusty colored paint, to
make it look like it's covered with, well, dust...