Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 19:01:27 -0700

Chris Maier asks,

>I have a question about the mech design in 0080-were the mechs designed to
>sort of be a transitional stage between the original and ZZ/CCA?

  Not really - it's more that the mobile suits in all three shows were
designed by the same guy, at around the same time. There are certainly
strong similarities between, say, the Rick Dom II and the Dreissen, or
the Hygog and the Kapool, but that's more a matter of Izubuchi's style
circa 1987-1989.

  The similarities between the Zaku FZ and the Zaku III, subtle though
they may be, are more intriguing because they're actually the work of
different designers. So it's very slightly possible that this resemblance
might be deliberate...

-- Mark