Thu, 3 Aug 2000 00:59:28 -0700 (PDT)

--- -Z- <z@gundam.com> wrote:

> These just in from Asahiya:

> Gundam Film Book Series 3: Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
> (2000.7.7, Asahiya Shuppan, ISBN4-7511-0207-9) 232
> pages (184 color) for Y1,600,

This is a good book, considering the fact there are so
few ZZ references available on the market, and Asahiya
did a great job with a special tribute to Meshymre
Cello (pg 48) for his undying devotion (brainwash?!)
to his master, Haman Khan :)

> Gundam Mechanics 6 (2000.6.30, Hobby Japan,
> ISBN4-89425-227-9) 48 "pages" (24
> color) for Y2,095.
>
> If that sounds like a lot of money, it's because it
> comes, not in the usual cardboard slipcover, but in
> 6-ring binder with the Zeon emblem stamped on the
> front and spine in gold, Now, I knew that this
> series was intended to go into an A5 binder, but I
> didn't know that I was ordering it that way. I
don't
> have a real problem with it, other than the binder
> matches the cover of GM6, so I can't mount the
> previous volumes in it without clashing,
> and I'm not in a position to get the other five
> binders. Pfui!

I am disappointed with GunMech 6 (Zeon vessels) and 7
(Feds' vessels) package. We are basically paying most
of the money for the green/blue binders, but content
were pretty thin in comparison. For GunMech 6, does
doing only the Zeon ships means HJ are ignoring other
UC baddie's ships like Zanscares and Crossbone
Vanguards? For GunMech 7, Feds ship coverage is up to
Char's Counterattack only (i.e. La Cairum, etc), but
what about those featured in F91 and V Gundam? And
from what I've learned, GunMech 7 means to be the last
UC GunMech book, if this is true, then HJ has done a
very lousy job from start to finish.

Nightingale.
http://side7.gundam.com/newtype_asylum/