Jim Huang (tyhuang@OCF.Berkeley.EDU)
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 20:02:41 -0700

On 3 Aug 00, at 2:17, Chris Beilby wrotf:

> >Wasn't there more than one REGZ though? I seem to recall the
> >engineer's guys girlfriend going out in one.
>

> SPOILER SPACE

> It was given to Kayla Su after Amuro upgraded to the Nu. After she
> was killed, Hathaway took it to try and stop Quess in the final
> battle, then killed Chien after she killed Quess...

Chien took the RGZ, Hathaway took the standard Jegan.

> Speaking of Chien, in response to what happened to Belotichka, CChien
> was originally A) intended to be Belotchika, and B) Supposed to be
> Amuro's wife.
> Bandai nixxed this, saying that they didn't want Amuro to be
> married...

No, Tomino want them to live-together, having a baby, etc. But the
production committee(then still independent Sunrise, Bandai, Sotsu
Agency, etc. Tomino never specifiy which one of them.) vetoed it
without the cover of holy matrimony. Tomino, in turn, vetoed the
ideal of domesticated Amuro. As a compromise, Boltochika didn't
appear in CCA. And that piece of junk showed up instead.

Jim Huang