L. M. Lloyd (ubik@austin.rr.com)
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 15:08:28 -0500

- ---- Original Message -----
From: Chris Maier <oom9@crosswinds.net>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2000 9:54 AM
Subject: [gundam] CCA questions

> I have a few questions about CCA- I managed to see bits and pieces
> of it yesterday....
>

> 1)What's the signifigance of Amuro and Char's last words?

I think this has been covered by the other posts.

> 2)Why does Mirai look like a wreck? I barely recognized her until
> she said "Hathaway!"

Life on earth during CCA does not look very good, and I think this
has taken its toll on Mirai. I suppose that is the reason she is
trying to get to space early in the movie.

> 3)Was the movie meant to ignore Z and ZZ? I didn't notice any
> references apart from the engineer guy and Axis.

The events in Zeta are part of the CCA story. There is at least one
reference of Char and Amuro fighting for the same cause, and Amuro
obviously feels betrayed that Char could do this after what they had
been through, something that makes no sense if you factor out Zeta.
As far as ZZ goes, Bright was the only character in CCA who had
anything to do with ZZ, so I don't really see why any events from ZZ
would have come up. Besides, it is kind of hard to have a REGZ
without acknowledging Zeta happened (See #6 below).

> 4)Why no Kai Shinden?

He just wasn't there.

> 5)So what made Char suddenly change from his good guy image to bad
> guy image? I read somewhere that it was after the Gryps war, he got
> sick of earthnoids...

Char had never been a "good guy" or a "bad guy" before CCA. In MSG he
was on the Jion side, but it could be argued that Char's assignations
of the Zabi family helped the federation more than anything Amuro
ever did. The whole point is that Char has always had his own agenda,
and whether or not that agenda is considered "good" or "bad" is
simply a matter of how the story is told. Well, that is up until CCA.
There is not really any way to see the extinction of civilian life on
earth as a grey area, beyond right or wrong!

> 6)How is the REGZ connected to the Z project MS?

REfined Gundam Zeta says it all.

> 7)What was it with the floating "T" at the end?

As others have said that was the Psycoframe. As far as I can tell the
T shape was being used at the end of the movie to symbolize the
spirits of dead newtypes floating around the battlefield. It has
always been my personal impression that Amuro used the spirits of
those dead newtypes (much as Camille did in Zeta) to help him
stabilize the asteroid that was heading for earth.

> 8)The signifigance of the baby crying?

I think it is just for effect.