Lim Jyue (lim_jyue@pacific.net.sg)
Thu, 03 Aug 2000 03:27:05 +0800

At 13:36 08/02/2000 EDT, Freedom045@aol.com wrote:
>1)What's the signifigance of Amuro and Char's last words? >>

        SPOILER SPACE

        (With all the spoiler police around I may as well add this just in
case. )
        (^_^)

>"Lalah is someone who could have been my mother."
>"Lalah? Mother?"
>I think those are the words, if you can figure them out, you are a better
man than I am.

        I know Mark said he had a theory -- he always has, the reliable
fellow that he is. So here's mine.

        I think this relates heavily to the relationship between the three
in the original Gundam, when Lalah was still alive. It's probably a case of
misunderstanding between this lady and our hero and villian; Amuro seems to
have wanted Lalah as a mate (Both are newtype and apparently shared a bond
between them), whereas Char wanted a mother figure -- I don't recall much
being said about his mother, anyone can fill in the gap?

        Now, Amuro probably thought Char had been interested in Lalah as a
women, and Char would have thought Amuro was also fixated with Lalah as a
mother figure. Since Lalah died before this little matter could be resolved,
both men went on with their lives with this misunderstanding between them.

        In this context, the exchange will make sense, as Amuro (IIRC)
_finally_ figures out what Char was going for all this time.

        Hmm. If Amuro had married Lalah, won't Char had to call Amuro "Father"?

        (^_^)