Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 13:53:18 -0700

>> >Other than Shinji masturbating over Asuka's comatose body....not really no.

<snip>

>Is this after everyone on earth died? Or are you guys talking about another
>section of the episode that I forgot about?

<slight spoiler>

We were referring to the very beginning of the film, not the end. The
camera cuts to a section of the room where the characters are not in view
but you hear voice-overs and then see Shinji's open palm being soiled.

>Funny that we don't have buddhist (way too many to mention) or Tao (Outlaw
>Star)
>of Hindu (3x3 Eyes) fanatics protesting to the less than favourable
>portrayal of
>their religion in anime series. It seems only Christians and Muslim take such
>offense... are they insecure about their religion? I didn't realize there was
>such a large Christian community in Japan to force Gainax into changing their
>ending, but then again the more fanatical Christian "minority" has always
>been
>a very vocal bunch. Does anyone know how the "real" ending of Evangelion's TV
>run was going to be like?

EoE is probably the closest thing.

>All this talk about Eva and the fact I just watched
>the last few episodes 2 weeks ago has really piqued my interest in the show, I
>agree with that other person who got bored with the show after 4 episodes. I
>really hated it too. But that was before I watched the last 1/3 of the
>series.
>8)

They took a while to set the stage up, but as soon as Asuka showed up the
series becomes very comical while the background is slowly filled out.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0