Tue, 01 Aug 2000 12:13:17 -0700

Lady Rhyaniwyn wrote:

> However, looked at in one light, couldn't the first half have been a
> deliberate formulation to hook in otaku and get them to watch 'till the end,
> where they're ridiculed? Then, the movie comes out because everyone is
> complaining about the ending, again deliberately formulated to appeal while
> also being damn confusing and not really meaning anything at all?

All I know is, after episode 4, I was bored out of my skull, and refused to see
any more of it. So it sure didn't do a good job of hooking me.

Of course, my intro to Evangelion was a bunch of postings on Verant's Freespace
message boards (quite possibly a third of the messages on the board - and this
is a good enough game series that there were a LOT of messages...) about whether
the Lucifer (from Freespace) or an EVA was tougher, so my outlook might be
slightly tainted...

junior