Tue, 1 Aug 2000 11:15:04 -0700 (PDT)

--- lemon <lemontea@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I tend to think they lean a bit more towards
> 1/170-1/200 scale (closer to the scale of some of
> those old Macross kits - if anyone can remember
> those). Lets either call it 1/170 scale (since
> there already were some anime [Macross] kits that
> scale at one point), or 1/180 scale (because that
> is a close average of 1/144 and 1/220). I lean
> towards 1/170 scale. Comments?

1/170 is a very good assessment. Here's a list
of height comparsion between several MSiAs:

(note: all measurement are taken from top of MS' head
i.e. excluding all antennas; for Turn-A, measurement
was based on overall height since top of head height
information is not available)

Model Real MS Height (cm) MSiA Height (cm)
Scale
RX-78-2
Gundam 18.0 10.5
1/171.4
MS-06F
Zaku II 17.5 9.7
1/180.4
MSZ-006
Zeta Gundam 19.85 11.6
1/171.1
WD-M01
Turn-A Gundam 20.00 11.5
1/173.9

So the scale of 1/170 is the appropiate_range_for MSiA
heights.

Nightingale.
http://side7.gundam.com/newtype_asylum/