Thu, 27 Jul 2000 20:34:17 +0800

gundam@aeug.org wrote:

>>Just give me a gundam with an S2 engine, tons of N2
>>payloads AND an AT field, I'm a happy man.
>>

>The Gundam already has an Minovsky engine, why would it need an S2? N2 mines huh? Isn't that a violation of the Antartic Treaty? But see the GP02. And an I-field is mostly like an AT field.

well...the N2 stands for Non-Nuclear, so that wouldn't be a violation of the Antarctic treaty - besides, the Feds already broke the treaty, and look what it got them into...deep doodoo...^_^

I see the S2 point - the S2 is a completely self-sufficient power source, unlike the Minovsky reactors which rely on fuel to operate (Helium-3, right?). Having a Gundam with an S2 engine will spell trouble, especially if that S2 reactor is used to power its energy-based weapons such as beam rifles and sabers - that would then be the perfect siege/extended siege unit, where you can just let it loose behind enemy territory and let it break a big hole in the enemy's defenses, especially if it has an "AT Field."

AT Field? The AT Field is, as Kaworu Nagisa puts it, "The barrier of the mind...a barrier to a sacred place where others are not allowed to enter" or something to that effect - would that be applicable as a Newtype-powered pseudo-"I-field" barrier?

ahhh...I'm sure everyone wishes the same thing...too bad that's one technology of japanese anime that isn't feasible right now, and maybe never...