Chris Maier (oom9@crosswinds.net)
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 18:16:40 -0400

Personally, I'd like to see a more 'used' look to the mechanics. Personally,
I'd like to see a series that taclkes underwater combat....I kind of like
the Aqua GMs and Gundiver....

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gundam@1u.aeug.org [mailto:owner-gundam@1u.aeug.org]On
Behalf Of Echo|Fox
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2000 6:13 PM
To: gundam@aeug.org
Subject: Re: [gundam] The next Gundam's design(speculation)

w00t! Another steampunk fan =)
I'm with Mark on this one ... a nice, dark, steampunk story could be just
the alternate universe we're looking for. Turn A was a step in that
direction, but going all out, hardcore steampunk would be UberNiftyCool
(tm).
At its most basic form, regardless of when its set, I'm hoping the next
series goes for a more traditional look to the mechanics, but a modern
look to the characters, something Cowboy Bebop-esque perhaps. Music by
Yoko Kanno, of course, perhaps taken in a gothic direction, to fit with
our steampunk hopes. I'd prefer a focus on mass produced MS's, to get away
from the superhero complex, along with a 08th MS Team style relationship
between the characters, with a clearly defined "leader", but secondary
characters who can stand on their own, as characters.
So, in summry, a Kanno gothic scored steampunk saga, focussing on the
exploits of a team of grunt MS pilots. Excellent. Bandai/Sunrise, get on
it :P

---
Nicholas "Echo|Fox" Paufler