Roland Thigpen (jenius@unspacy.org)
31 Jul 2000 13:57:33 -0000

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000 09:40:34 EDT MS06ZAK@aol.com wrote:

>Wow? How did you get that idea? I'm not discounting it, but I don't
>remember anything along this line.<<<<<
>

>I got this from a couple of points:
>
>1. The Eva would come "alive" (w/o power) whenever Shinji was in danger. Like in one of the first few episodes when the roof almost fell on Shinji but Unit 1 shielded him with it's hand even though it wasn't activated. A very mother-like trait.
>
>2. In one of the last few episodes, Gendo is talking to unit 1 (there is no one else around) and he addressed it as Yui.
>
>3. They never addressed the specifics of the accident that killed her. It was related to the first Eva test.

You forgot a major one: Shinji saw his mother inside the Eva either when he was in the Duroc sea or when he synchronized to 400% with the Eva (I forget which, but I believe it was the former). And his continual references to feeling warm and safe in there, like in his mother's womb.

>4. I know that the dummy plugs contained Rei clones, but couldn't the Angels ALSO be feasible as somehow related to the Rei cloning?
>

>Jason

To answer that, spoils some things. Just remember that Kaworu said that he and Rei were just alike.....

Also, DO NOT go to that Eva FAQ page someone posted earlier until after you see the movie(s). It spoils FAR too much. After you watch the movie, then you should go there to answer any questions you might still have.

Roland