The iMatt (mhanyo1@umbc.edu)
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 10:02:47 -0400

>> It's funny; you guys all have plenty of Gundam models available to you,
or
>> so I guess from your posts, but I can't ever find them.
><snip>
>heh...I have never bought one model from my local store....every single
model
>I have is a)online store(HLJ, R10, and once at Tokyo Pop when they had MG
Dom
>for $35 and Alex for $25..) or b) from other modelers(which could be real
>bargin at times...)...I did however bought a few recasts last time I was in
>HK..

Before I got my own credit card, I had maybe half a dozen models that I had
either picked up at a comic store (which is sadly gone), my "local import
store" (which I now know charges way too much), and occasionally, a hobby
store near my house called hobbyworks. Since then, I've gotten a lot of my
kits from hobbylink japan. What with the popularity of wing, however,
they're starting to show up in the oddest places. I work for Babbage's Etc
and our stores have actually been known to carry them from time to time,
which makes no sense to me at all. (The action figures I can understand, but
import japanese models seems a bit of a stretch for the company, I guess.)

Matt "not quite but almost Zen in a can" Hanyok
http://deruberhanyok.freeservers.com/
"Why don't you fall to bits?"
I DON'T KNOW. I NEVER HAVE.
"I've seen skelingtons of birds and things and they all fall to bits."
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE THEY ARE WHAT SOMETHING WAS, WHEREAS THIS IS WHAT I
AM.

- from a conversation between Death and a small child, in "Reaper Man" by
Terry Pratchett.