Jim Dulhunty (s3159706@student.anu.edu.au)
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 13:56:11 -0800

[snip]

>> not so sure about Newtypes
>> yet, but I think I'll use Ben Wright's rules.
>
>Well I liked Paterson's MSM rules for NT the Mecha affinity was what
>we gave Char, the bonus to piloting, and stuff was perfect for him... The
>problem with NT is that they all seem to be very specifically talented...

Maybe I just don't have enough exposure to Newtype brats on screen. I
think I'll lean towards Ben Wright's rules 'cause they're the least defined
and give me plenty of room to fool with my player's minds.

[snip]

>> >I ended up doubling the SP of my shields by the end of the game... and we
>> >also allow you to move shots to another location using 1 point per point
>on
>> >the hit table...
>
>Actually the moving the hits was Christian's Idea, I doubled the shields 4
>SP up to 8 when I realized it didn't provide all the protection needed to
>stop a Zaku Bazooka once, and be thrown away like in the series...

Yeah, it can be tricky to try and balance those things.

>> I like that one. Mind if I borrow it?
>
>Naw go right ahead... no point in exchanging ideas if somebody isn't
>getting anything out of it...

Cool. Tah.

>Now are your players on this list, or should we talk in private about your
>story line issues...
>
>Paul

I don't think any of them are, so it should be safe. Wouldn't suprise me
if they turned up though; all of 'em have net access, spare time, & almost
no knowledge of the Gundam universe (the one that does keeps saaying things
like 'so when do we get a Gundam?')

Jim