Charlie Hetherington (p_chan5@hotmail.com)
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 22:48:03 CDT

The only beef I have with this (and this is probaly because of who I am) is
the actaul idea of "collector's items". All a collector's item is is a more
expensive version of something that costs lest but just isn't as flashy (in
the case of mags or books) or a "higher quality" version of something else
(in the case of models and toys). I remember I bought a "Collector's
Edition" TIE Interceptor way back in the days of Star Wars and all it was
was a normal TIE Interceptor just gold colored.

Collector's items are for the foolish and greedy. People think just becuase
it says collector's edition it should cost more. This is rubbish. I for one
decided a long time ago to only buy collector's items ONLY if they were
higher quality, and to collect only for my personal amusement, not to make
money by product appreciation values.

Just becuase a product is cheap doesn't mean that it is worthless. I have an
old VOTOM Scopedog that I bought for $4.00 and it has served me well for the
past 11 years of regular display and handling.

*As for limited edition just put in "limited edition" for all parts where I
use "Collector's item" and read the e-mail again.

Feedback?

-He Who Hath No Pants