MS06ZAK@aol.com
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 11:54:34 EDT

Hi Everyone, I know this isn't actually an Evangelion ML, but I know a lot of
you have watched it, so I was wondering if I could ask a few questions.

I just managed to borrow the whole Evangelion Anime series and have watched
it in it's entirety. Now I know, obviously that it is a confoluted headfuck
series, but I am not sure about a few things.

1. What happened to everyone at the end? I mean they show scenes of Rytsuko
with a bullet wound in the back, Mitsago with blood everywhere, and IIRC
Asuka with an apparent self inflicted gunshot wound to the head. but then
again at the end everyone is saying congratulations, blah, blah, blah. So
what the heck happened?

2. Am I correct in assuming that Yui Ikari was turned into unit 1 somehow.
At one point Gendo Ikari was talking to the Eva but addressing it as her. Or
is she somehow involved with the Rei clones?

3. What was the goal of SEELE? I know that Gendo was trying to push for
Instrumentality, but I thought they had a different goal.

4. I am assuming that Rei was her true self when she confronted Rytsuko's
mother. Is that correct?

5. What was the entire scope of Instrumenality? Yeah that is probably a
tough one, and I actually kinda have an idea about what it is, but I was
wondering what everyone else's take was.

6. What was the intended ending, which was later shown in movie form?

Thanks, and now back to all things GUNDAM!!!

Jason